Vassar College, Anthropology & Sustainability, Class of '22
Lisa is a junior at Vassar College where she is pursuing a Bachelor’s in Anthropology with minors in Sustainability and French. Her continued research of culture and human interaction in these fields has informed her passions for social equity and environmental justice.
On campus, Lisa dedicates her time to the development of educational environmental programming while also helping to implement climate action steps for the College. Out of her close work experiences with community leaders and college administration, Lisa has developed strong skills in leadership, communication, and teamwork. She strives to synthesize these skills with her curious and innovative attitude to ensure sustainable and resilient socio-cultural systems for generations to come.
In the future, Lisa aspires to build her own environmental justice nonprofit organization to support marginalized populations in vulnerable communities around the world. With Apprentice, Lisa aims to work towards her dreams by expanding her knowledge of what it means to be a successful and high-achieving individual.
Top 3 Skills
3. Community Outreach
- Intern at Vassar College Office of Sustainability (2018-Present)
- Assistant Chef & Sales Associate at Nara Japanese Foods (2015-2020)
- Research Intern at Residents Forward (2019)
- Management Intern at Young’s Farm (2018)
- President of Vassar Greens
- Sustainability Representative of Vassar Campus Dining Committee